A sub-project is used to link a new project to an existing project in the system (called the “primary project”). Sub-projects have a unique Project Number and both the sub-project and primary project are assigned a common Group Number to link them together. An example of a sub-project might be packaging or marketing materials for an existing product or SKU.
To start a sub-project:
- At the top of the Project List pane, click Start Project to open the Project Wizard.
- Select the Sub-Project tab.
- Select the primary project from the project list by clicking on it, and then click Sub-Project.
- Complete the project information forms and add attachments.
- Click Submit to submit the sub-project.